Looking for a really cool vacation and great way to save? Head to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina this fall and take advantage of a promotion that celebrates those turning 60 this year. As part of the 60 More Days of Summer campaign, any person born in 1956 can enjoy attractions and restaurants at prices reflecting the year of their birth. Called "Get Carded," visitors must show a valid ID and can save in September and October at participating venues across the Myrtle Beach area.
Visitors can ask for the special "Get Carded" promotion at the participating locations below to receive a discount that is adjusted for 60 years of inflation.
- ART Burger Sushi Bar: offer valid for one Rockwell All American Burger for $1.13Carolina Opry: offer valid for Time Warp show during the 2016 season using code 60Birthday
- Croissants Bistro & Bakery: offer valid for entrées only, must purchase one entrée at full price
- Gordo's Tacos & Tequila: offer valid for one Classico Chicken or Beef Taco for 22 cents
- Hopsewee: offer valid on admission only
- Legends in Concert: offer valid for The World's Greatest Live Tribute Show! for $6.00 plus tax with the purchase of one full priced ticket in VIP Seats using code PMB
- Noizy Oyster: offer valid for one Fish Sandwich for $1.36
- Peaches Corner: offer valid on the classic footlong for 45 cents and classic cheeseburger for 56 cents
- WonderWorks: offer valid on All Access admission for $2.03 plus tax with purchase of any WonderWorks All Access or VIP Combo admission at full price, use code MB-WW1956
And more. Only the person celebrating their birthday can get the discount. Everyone else must pay full price.
60 Best Bites Celebrates the Culinary Scene
Another part of the promotion is the 60 Best Bites, an opportunity to sample some of Myrtle Beach’s most unique cuisine. Fresh catch, savory appetizers, decadent desserts and refreshing gazpacho are just a few of the delicious tastes on the list featuring the diverse flavors from award-winning chefs and restaurants in the area.
- Liquid nitrogen tuna at The Chemist
- Low Country egg rolls at the Pier House at 2nd Avenue Pier
- Bourbon BBQ Cobia at Wahoo's Fish House
- Mango gazpacho at Chive Blossom
- Beef tenderloin & buttermilk blue cheese flat bread at Collector's Café
- Crab cakes benedict at Johnny D's waffles
- Traditional Hummingbird Cake with High Tea at Hopsewee Plantation
More Southern Hospitality
In addition, visitors can engage in several culinary experiences, including kayak fishing with Blackriver Outdoors Center followed by a fall-exclusive option to cook the fresh catch at Marshview Marina in Murrells Inlet, grits making at L.W. Paul Living History Center, crabbing off the Myrtle Beach State Park pier, and a rice cultivation boat tour at Brookgreen Gardens.
Discover Myrtle Beach
The Myrtle Beach area comprises 12 distinct communities and is home to 60 miles of sandy beaches, an assortment of entertainment and family attractions and world-class golf. Popularly known as the Grand Strand, the Myrtle Beach area presents the quintessential vacation experience.
For additional information on the Myrtle Beach area, visit www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or call (888) Myrtle-1 or visitmyrtlebeach.com/restaurants/60-more-days-of-summer
September 17, 2016