Iconic sights are almost always jammed, but there ways to break free of the crowds and stay cool, from a guided tour with skip-the-line access, spots to cool off or secret side entrances with no waits. Below are some unique ways that travelers can avoid the high-season lines, making the most out of their summer vacation.
- City Wonders, a global tour operator specializing in exclusive and expert tours throughout France, Italy and the UK, offers tours with exclusive skip the line access. Through their official Vatican Museums partnership, they provide unique experiences for guests, including no wait entry, early access to the Sistine Chapel and admission to highly-coveted areas of the Vatican Museum, that are normally closed to the public. They also offer these special skip the line admissions to sites such as the Eiffel Tower, London Tower, Palace of Versailles and more.
- Piscine Joséphine Baker, a floating swimming pool on the River Seine, is the perfect place to take a dip and cool off right in the heart of Paris. Travelers can also visit Aquaboulevard de Paris, known for its artificial beaches, large swimming pools, lazy rivers and palm trees.
- Kaffeine, a local coffee shop in London, sells delicious iced coffee, served in iced cups for maximum refreshment. It is located on Eastcastle Street, which is known by Londoners as the street to stroll down when you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The shop features long benches, high tables and high stools near the windows making it the perfect place to relax, cool off and people watch.
- Travelers visiting Germany are drawn to the top of the famous Reichstag dome for the best view of Berlin, but online booking reservations fill quickly. Germany is the only country to have a public restaurant, Käfer Dachgarten, in their parliament building. Travelers can book a table ahead of time by email or phone, and can bypass the line by heading directly up the dome after their meal.
One stop shop for luxury vacations on a budget launches with Travelex’s Luxury for Less
‘Luxury for Less’ is the first travel engine that takes the total cost of travel into consideration to inspire Americans to find and book their own luxury vacation at an affordable price
Travelex, the world’s leading foreign exchange specialist, launches inspiration travel engine Luxury for Less – the only online travel site that provides a single source of information for flights, travel accommodation and currency to help everyone enjoy a luxurious vacation at their desired price point.
Travelex’s Luxury for Less proves that luxury vacations can be attainable, even for those with a small budget, with the site showing what is available NOW! Choices range from a budget of less than $500 to $5,000. With options from weekend breaks to the extended two week trip.
Travel examples include:
- A weekend in Cancun for a total cost of less than $500 for New Yorkers
- A week cycling in the wine country of Chile with change from $2000 if traveling from Los Angeles
- A taste of life down under with a two week adventure on Sydney’s Bondi Beach from Washington, DC for less than $4000
Travelex’s Luxury for Less is available at: www.travelex.com/luxuryforless. Together with Skyscanner’s world-class travel results, Americans can now be inspired for their dream vacation and book their flights and hotels and order their spending money from one location.
Travelex is the world's leading foreign exchange specialist with almost 1,400 stores and 1,250 ATMs across 29 countries, at key airport, seaport, rail and tourist locations. Over 40% of travelers - 1.7 billion passengers a year - pass through airports where Travelex operates including the major gateways at Amsterdam, Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York, Paris, Sydney & Tokyo. Every hour Travelex provides foreign currency to more than 2,000 customers.
- Skyscanner is a leading global travel search company providing free search of flights, hotels and car hire around the world.
- Founded in 2003 Skyscanner helps over 50 million people each month to find their travel options.
- Skyscanner is available in 30 languages.
- Skyscanner’s highly-rated free mobile apps have been downloaded over 40 million times.
June 17, 2016