A few weeks ago I decided to go to a conference in Princeton NJ. I was going to drive in order to save money. This felt at first like a great adventure until I checked map quest directions. It turns out Princeton NJ is 10 hour drive from home. This would have been okay except that I was driving alone, and am blind in my right eye.
A week before the conference while working with a client I noticed Frontier flew out of Cincinnati into that area. I looked up my options, and found round trip non stop flights for around $80.
SIGN ME UP NOW!
There were a few glitches and benefits in flying Frontier.
1. Look closely at the written information, and understand that $80.00 is not likely to be your final payment. Frontier charges for Every Little Thing like bringing a carry on onboard, getting an assigned seat, snacks, regular luggage etc. Suddenly that $80 round trip was up to $140 due to having luggage.
2. Frontier planes fly out of Cincinnati. This may mean a longer ride to the airport. Cincinnati airport is can cover a lot of distance so do request wheelchair assistance if you tire easily. This also means you get on the plane before others.
3. The airline offers stttrech seating in the front for extra $$$. This is a great option for my clients who are too large for a regular seat.
4. Frontier flights are not daily so check carefully with the schedule. I extended my trip in order to get these great air rates.
5. Non stop flights are wonderful for my special needs clients, and also wonderful for parents with children. This flight had a lot of babies and kids making lots of noise. I just wanted you to be aware of this
After taking all of this into account, and paying $140 verses $560 for a non stop last minute flight I would give Frontier Airline an A- due to extra charges for everything but breathing. I will be flying with Frontier again.
Would you like more information on Accessible Travel? Contact me at
August 13, 2016